Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cowboy Gear: pulling collar and mecate

Featured is a pulling collar (breast collar) I made with the help of someone with the proper equipment. A sewing machine capable of sewing leather is always a plus. I cut out the parts and rounded the corners and as of now, it's aging quite well. And I chose something plain, no leather work, because the available leather wasn't thick enough to hold a good impression.


My lovely mare, Gracie, modeling my pulling collare along with her saddle and some rope. She is also featuring the mecate I made. I hand-cut the slobber tabs and throat latch, because I already had the snaffle bit, brow band, and the main strap (check and crown piece).


Here is a close up of the bridle. I later trimmed the troat latch lenght when I used it on other horses, because Gracie's head is on the smaller side and I wanted it to fit any horse I may want to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment